Thursday, April 27, 2017

Manchester Derby xG and Stats

Well that was a bit of a boring match, I watched it and pulled the stats so I might as well post them because everyone loves fresh content.

Not a ton to say on this, Manchester United wanted a draw when the game started and really wanted a draw after the red card. It's kind of crazy with them fighting for a Champions League spot that they would be so conservative.

Running xG:


Stats:


Manchester City

Danger Zone Wide Box Outside Box xG SoT xG Big Chance
7 1 11 1.43 0.90 1

Manchester United

Danger Zone Wide Box Outside Box xG SoT xG Big Chance
2 0 1 0.55 0.26 1

Sergio Aguero was very wasteful with his chances in this game, I have him at 1.0 of City's 1.43 xG all by him self on 9 shots, but he put just 2 on target and his shot on target xG (a different model which I should probably detail at a latter time) was just 0.36.

I wish I was further along on my projection model so I could give some sort of estimate to how this result changes top 4 chances but I am a just learning to do more than basic coding and working on that model is probably a project that will be done over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment