Thursday, August 10, 2017

Premier League Week 1 Projections

The summer months have flown by, and the Premier League is back again tomorrow. I haven't produced much content over the summer for this hobby site but I have been busy working on some projects that I will roll out through out the season.

The first one is the inclusion of the StrataData to my toolbox. So far I have only had the chance to scratch the surface of what it is capable of and I am excited to dig deeper. The first inclusion of the data is in these here projections. I think the inclusion of the defensive pressure indicators as well as a inclusion of a measure of shot quality (think how well a ball is struck, the movement put on the ball, scuffed shots) will help catch things missed by looking at just shot locations.

Without any further rambling here are my projections for week 1:


The opening week of matches offers quite a few lopsided odds with just the West Brom vs Bournemouth match up relatively close. I think that can be explained pretty easily with no marque match ups between teams that finished close to each other facing off.

For my own viewing plan, I won't miss Arsenal's match Friday afternoon. The 4:30am kickoff between Liverpool and Watford is intriguing just to see how Liverpool do and if Coutinho plays after the link the Barcelona but I'll probably not set the alarm and look at catching the second half.

For the 7am kickoffs I guess Chelsea vs Burnley but that doesn't seem like the greatest contest and I am not sure what NBC will be showing with their new thing of offloading stuff to their over the top pay service with really sucks.

For Sunday there is only choice in both time slots so I guess I will be watching both of those. It will be nice to have my mornings back to be taken over with soccer.
-
This article was written with the aid of StrataData, which is the property of Stratagem Technologies. StrataData powers the StrataBet Sports Trading Platform, in addition to StrataBet Premium Recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment